Sunday, June 21, 2009

Blood Donation

It was a normal day in my office around 1.5 years ago. I and my friend started one post in the office internal portal. This was a list of blood donors having details like blood group and contact numbers. In couple of days more that of 100 entries were there. We felt good and after 45 days the post was deleted because all post have that rule set in the company. We also could not feel more interest in the same.Time passed and around 8 months ago this happened...

I got trigger from some where to do something about it again. My company is having around 60,000 (60K) employees and in pune alone we are 7500 (7.5 K) here. I had following idea.

  • A registration application on the same portal. Not a post which is deleted in 45 days.
  • A blood donation camp once in 4 month (Doctor allow re-donation in 3 months).
  • Donation camp in office campus so that more participation can be ensured.

I sent the mail to my company CEO (yes) directly with these ideas. And second day he replied. Soon there were mails flowing from many levels in organization and reached to senior manager of pune office. And i met him. Human Resource (HR) team was already planning something like that. And soon it happened. The first blood donation drive of this series. Details are here :


Date : Feb 2009
Donations : 569


Now its the time for second drive ,We have around 840 registrations on application as of now, and would share what was the actual donation count.
See you soon.Take care.

1 comment: