Saturday, August 29, 2009

I guess you have similar Question !!!

My dinner place usually is 5 km from my flat.And a 15-20 min ride of my bicycle is what i enjoy to reach up to that road side shop called 'Steamy Affair'.A place where i get delicious idli sambhar. I eat a couple of plates (4 idlies) and return to my place.Mostly come to Internet cafe directly from there , like i did today.

While i was eating the first plate, a kid of age 8-10 years came to me too , like he was hovering around all those, who were eating there. And i told him, not to touch me. He was standing for 1-2 min alongside me and when he saw there is no response , he moved to next person. I finished the first plate and soon started the next one. Now couple more kids (a 8-10 year old girl carring perhaps 8 month old kid) and started asking for something to people. And this time there was a reaction from the shopkeeper. His business was in threat of these unwanted creatures and from with in his shop he displayed a stick to them and made sure that , that particular 10-15 feet area is evacuated.

Now the kids party grouped around the adjacent shop and there was no one to buy anything from that shop. But a lot of dry eating packs like chips and others were hanging on their sky. A half dozen of flavoured milk bottles were in their eye sight and in reachable distance of their hands but still miles away from their mouth.

Their elder bothers and sisters , fathers and mothers were sitting near by. They were having some balloons with them to sell and i guess a wrong business decision , as very less buyers were there. Argument can be this also that , they do not want to work and their main source of income is these kids who EARN for them.All elders were looking quite healthy and sitting on road calmly.And soon i was giving the finishing touches to my dinner.

I had many many thoughts in those moments. Should i give some money ? Should i give something to eat right now ? Should i finish my food first and then talk to their parents ? Can someone inform the police and tell them not be here ? Why not they work somewhere and their kids go to school ? Should i not react on this ? I kept acting for the whole dinner that nothing happened to me. And i am not affected by this. However i was thinking...

I put down the finished plate of idli-sambhar.Went to the second shop. Brought 5 small packets of the food available there. Each was different flavour. And gave the first packet to the girl , she happily wanted to choose one which she liked. And i let her. She ran those 20 feet from shop to her parents and let others know this. Soon 5 packets were with different kids and now came their elder brother and sister to ask for more. I gave them a couple of hard statements , You are looking healthy , why not you work and eat for yourself. You people should get some slaps instead. The young boy gave a smile in reaction.

With in seconds i was on my bicycles and not looking back to the situation present there. Soon many shops came which sell pyrated book and CD/DVDs on roads. People had a group discussion there , which they want to buy. And so on.I am not an outsider of that group but still had the question.

I know my response is not a solution.
But, I guess you have similar Question !!!




3 comments:

  1. ya many a time i fase d same....

    ReplyDelete
  2. if u want to do something

    "just cancel all junk mails" !
    use public transport or bicycle or just walk !use less power

    save earth from Global warming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Problem of poverty do exist. Will it help if we lose our temper? What about the sophisticated managers who earn because of their resources?? Aren’t they white collar beggars??

    ReplyDelete